SEMrush (Search Engine Analytics): Our first SEO package and a key contributor to our success… This tool is pure money when it comes to finding and capturing low hanging fruit in Google’s search results. SEMrush has been the core of our analytics platform for years. Literally supports “dialing for dollars”. Some of the things we use it for:
- Organic search analysis – what does a competitor rank for? Have they found any hidden gems (low competition keywords) which we should also be pursuing?
- Competitive Mapping: Which other website are active in a niche? Who do they target? Allows you to reverse-engineer their content strategy and target weak points.
- Traffic Intelligence: A goldmine of marketing insights. So we get all that lovely traffic redirected to our properties….. how should we expect visitors to behave? What should we expect as a mix of devices? Where are they getting traffic outside of SEO? Any indications of good affiliate offers or referral sources? You get basic access with the Pro plan and a far deeper view if you buy the full traffic data.
- PPC Keywords: Very useful when combined with the competitive mapping information. Tells you where smart buyers are spending money in a niche to get traffic.
- Search Engine Rank Tracking: Not unique, but it is a nice daily dashboard
- SEO Content Template: Workflow tool, helps you figure out what to write about